Hey there!

Hey there! It’s Alena. I'm in 4th grade, and I like books. That’s why I decided to do a book review blog. Obviously, I like pandas, and I couldn’t come up with a name until I saw the panda stickers I’ve got all over my wall. I hope you enjoy books as much as I do, or else reading this blog would be useless!

J LOL! J

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Title: Meet Addy

Author: Connie Porter

Where I got it: Christmas Present from Grandma

Meet Addy is about a girl named Addy who is a slave living during the Civil War. One night while Addy is asleep, she hears her parents talking about running away to freedom. Addy can hardly believe it! Was her dream finally coming true? She couldn't wait!

But then, something lowers her hopes. Her father and brother are sold. Then she has to give up her only sister. Addy thought she couldn't make it until an unexpected turn in her path brightens her mood. I highly recommend this book!

My favorite part was when Addy and Momma who were going through a river on their way to freedom and Momma starts to drown. I like this part because

1) Addy saves Momma

2) It's thrilling, it's awesome and shows that not only boys can me heroes but girls too.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review Alena, of course girls can be heroes too if they always do the right thing and are good examples! I am glad you liked the book.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete